Director of Sales (Consultant)
Code-N is looking for a part-time Director-level sales consultant to help close business in its initial target market: Pharma and Biotech companies. Code-N’s first product, the Green Field Finder uses next-generation concept-based technologies to speed-up drug discovery and repurposing.
This position will provide a growth opportunity to a full-time sales executive role on the ground-floor of our exciting start-up. The company’s founder has started several technology companies including one which she led to an IPO and $1B market cap. The CEO has held leadership positions at Apple and several Silicon Valley start-ups and most recently as division head at Symyx/Accelrys, leading software informatics company serving life science industry.
The position will require approx. 10 to 20 hours per week and will offer a combination of equity, cash and commission as compensation.
Requirements for the position include:
- Decision maker contacts in pharma and biotech companies, preferably in informatics, drug discovery, and/or IP services groups
- 5+ years successful sales track record with meeting or exceeding quota
- Entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys the start-up environment and does what it takes to close a deal
- Experience selling software/SaaS products and ability to espouse their benefits with passion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to execute innovate approaches to selling
- Flexible and adaptive to a changing environment created by a rapid growth company
- Undergraduate degree in business and/or life science technology